In addition to the HDMI input for connecting to a television, the SBW 280 also features an optical digital input, an analog 3.5 mm jack input, as well as a USB input that can be used to play MP3 and WMA files. Last but not least, the Bluetooth interface with lossless aptX transmission rounds off the variety of inputs.
The USB connection can be used to supply power, thereby enabling Amazon Alexa or Google Home voice assistants to be easily connected.
The subwoofer, which is also fully active and wirelessly connected, is equipped with a 200 mm long-throw chassis at the side. This is driven by an amplifier that delivers 70 watts of continuous power and 140 watts of maximum power. Thanks to a power consumption of less than half a watt in standby mode, both the soundbar and the subwoofer can be left on without hesitation. As a result, you can enjoy a high-quality sound as soon as a connected source is switched on.
Thanks to HDMI-CEC functionality, the system can be operated via your TV's remote control. If that's not possible, you can use the remote control supplied with the system. In addition, operating elements for all of the essential functions are located on the top of the soundbar.
Power output overall
Output power (RMS/Max.)
- Basic functions can be controlled via a lateral panel
- Two high-quality stereo 2-way systems with 2 dome tweeters and 2 midranges
- Separate powered bandpass subwoofer with powerful long-throw driver
- Air-flow optimized bass reflex opening on the front
- Low standby power consumption: <0.5 Watt
- Digital signal transmission from the soundbar to the subwoofer (5.8GHz-Standard)
- Elegant and compact cabinet design
- Dolby® Digital decoder (for HDMI® and digital input)
- HDMI® with ARC and CEC functionality (supports operation of the soundbar via your TV's remote control)
- Bluetooth® with the latest high-end audio standard, namely "Qualcomm® aptX™", ensures your music is transmitted in CD quality
- Perfect integration in the living room through the slim soundbar with a sturdy wall bracket and compact subwoofer
- Control panel on the top of the soundbar with LED status indicator
- Sturdy and low-resonance MDF housings for the soundbar and subwoofer
- Three equalizer presets for an optimum reproduction of music, movies and enhanced speech intelligibility
- System remote for controlling all functions
- Fully-fledged, dynamic home cinema sound from a slim soundbar and a wirelessly controlled high-performance subwoofer
- Easy to install due to numerous inputs, can be connected directly to the TV due to HDMI®
- Night mode with reduced dynamic for use at volume-sensitive times
- Realistic, DSP-controlled 3D surround sound for movies and music
- HDMI®-ARC input for direct connection to the TV
- Optical digital input
- HDMI®-CEC function: Control via TV remote control (if the TV supports this function)
- USB input to playback MP3 and WMA files
- Bluetooth® (version 5.0) with aptX®
- Analog 3.5 mm jack input