- The anniversary edition of the MTT 990 uses high-tech materials such as a full-size turntable made of precision-turned, high-density special polymer and a cabinet made of high-density MDF.
- The tonearm of the special edition is 10 inches long, made of specially alloyed aluminium with stainless steel bearings and a high-quality "VM520EB" elliptical pick-up system from Audio Technica.
- The MTT 990 comes in an elegant grey high-gloss finish and a "50 years" logo
Crazy times out there: artificial intelligence is creating content, like lyrics, images and even music. But we know real music comes from real artists and one of the most beautiful mediums for that is still the LP. That's why now is exactly the right time to equip yourself once again with the perfect turntable to play the analogue treasures on vinyl under the best conditions. That's why we have once again sensitively redesigned the MTT 990 in time for our 50th birthday next year and proudly present the "Anniversary Edition".
Great things usually cast shadows ahead, in our case it's rather a bright light. Magnat will be celebrating its 50th birthday next year, and to mark the occasion we are presenting ourselves and you with a special edition of our MTT 990 turntable. And it differs from the "normal" MTT 990 not only in terms of its elegant, grey high-gloss finish, but also in a few technical details.
The MTT 990 has been one of the absolute favourites of the analogue scene for three years. No wonder, as it combines brilliant technology such as the direct drive and the selected scanning system to a perfect product that sets standards in this price range.
Of course, this is also the case with the Anniversary Edition. The full-size turntable is made of a highly compressed polymer and is therefore completely resonance-free. In its physical properties, the POM material used resembles vinyl and thus enters into perfect harmony with the record. The supplied felt mat can therefore be used as an option. This sits on the proven direct-drive motor with its flawless synchronisation and high torque. In addition to speeds of 33 and 45 rpm, the drive is also capable of 78 rpm for the rare shellac records.
As usual, the cabinet is made of high-density MDF and is perfectly adjustable with its height-adjustable feet. Weighing 11 kilos, the MTT 990 demonstrates its excellent workmanship even in the special edition. The acrylic dust cover can be mounted as an option - according to the user's taste.
Tonearm and system with high-end quality
The tonearm of the special edition is the proven, 10-inch long J-shaped bent arm made of special alloyed aluminium. The shape offers the optimal angle for lowest distortion and the gimballed stainless steel bearings ensure optimal working conditions for the elliptical pick-up. This comes from Audio Technica and is a VM520EB, which, as a dual-moving magnet system, makes even absolute subtleties audible.
In order to visually manifest all these sonic details and, of course, to celebrate our birthday, we have given the MTT 990 a high-gloss finish in "Anniversary Gray". In addition, the Limited Edition gets a "50 Years" logo.
50 Years of German Engineering
- The Signature 507 comes in an elegant, gray high-gloss finish
- Magnat celebrats it 50th anniversary with a special edition of the Signature 507 floorstanding speaker
- 4-way speaker with bass reflex technology
- Klippel-optimized bass-midrange unit and woofer
- Ventilated voice-coil unit for maximum resilience and dynamics
- Hi-Res certified dual tweeter module with two fmax domes